Hi there! Welcome to my little corner of the world (the internet world that is)!! That's me up there - Amy Lou. Photo credit goes to a client's ten year old daughter, Sarah, after their family session she wanted to play around with my camera, I call that a win! I've been a photographer for almost ten years now and I have photographed everything from babies to charity events to sandwiches (which were very tasty). The only thing I need in my portfolio now is a celebrity. Give me a call, Jennifer Lawrence, I think you're funny. But my passion is centered around newborns, children and families. I believe in getting to know you on a deeper level then just "say cheese" and I believe each one of your kids has their own unique and wonderful personality. The raw and the emotional, the funny grins and the tears, that's worth documenting because you will want to remember those moments, it's cliche´ but time really does fly by so fast.
I am based in Cookeville, TN, but am willing to travel. I started on film back in 2003 with a 35mm Minolta. My fascination and love of film will always stand the test of time, but let's be honest, when your toddler is running a mile a minute, it's nice to have the option to delete all those blurry ones! My equipment these days is a little more up to date and consists of my trusty digital Canon, Sigma Art lenses, a polaroid for fun, and sometimes a GoPro.
Some fun facts about me:
- I'm 5 foot tall. Yes, exactly. You are allowed one short joke a year. Use it wisely.
- I have a degree in Geology! And I love it!
- My favorite foods: coffee and appetizers and banana bread and pizza and chocolate.
- Anything antique, vintage and industrial looking would find a perfect place in my home. Or should I say, my shed, since I have run out of room in my home.
- I love this man named Josh, who changed my life when he said, I'll take her! And this little boy named Henry, he's okay I guess!
- I used to be obsessed with Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings....(let's be honest, I still am) (RIP Allen Rickman)
- I literally only wear Chacos from April-November (This year can include December and most of January, what's up with the weather?)
- My two random goals in life are to memorize the lyrics to "Eye of the Tiger" and "Another One Bites the Dust" and my bucket list is to go to all National Parks!
- And the most important: I am a daughter of the King, follower of Jesus, undeserving of His mercy and grace, but so grateful to receive it day in and day out.
- I would love to talk to you about any of the above randomness, but especially the last one :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi or meet me for coffee, please pop on over to my contact page and send me an owl. Uhhh, I mean message. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed day!